Ambler Area Running Club
Welcoming runners of all abilities.
Philadelphia Marathon Water Stop Volunteers Wanted
AARC will once again staff the 5-mile water stop (at 6th & Walnut) for the Philadelphia Marathon on Sunday, November 24th. This is a great vantage point for cheering on and supporting the many AARC members running the marathon. In addition, we will be done in time for volunteers to see many of the marathoners as they finish. Volunteers will receive a Philadelphia Marathon hooded sweatshirt and a parking pass.
To volunteer, we need to use the Philadelphia Marathon’s procedure for registering volunteers. Each volunteer needs to register individually at: https://philadelphiamarathon.volunteerlocal.com/volunteer/?id=39257
It is a simple registration process.
· On the sign-up screen, enter the password: aarc and click “Submit”
(This password will automatically assign you to Water Stop #3 at 6th & Walnut)
· Scroll down until you see “Water Stop #3 – 6th & Walnut – Mile 5.1” highlighted in yellow.
· Click the box to the left of the listed times (6:00am to 11am) (Don’t worry about the 11am reference, we will be done long before 11:00 am).
· Scroll down and enter your email address.
· Scroll down and complete the other registration information. When asked “Are you registering on behalf of a team”, scroll down and select “AARC” (about ½ way down the list - entries are not sorted alphabetically).
· Click the check box after the disclaimer to accept the terms and then type your name in the box.
· Click on “Sign Up To Volunteer”.
· Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email.
In order to make sure you get the sweatshirt size you prefer, please register as soon as possible but definitely before October 30th. I will be picking up the sweatshirts on November 4th.
Volunteers do not have to be AARC members so friends and family can register as well. If you have any questions, contact Paul Mallon (email@example.com).